LEARN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT DIAMONDS
So you don’t feeling like you’re hearing a foreign language when looking at rings, browse through our diamond guide. You’ll have a better idea what you’re looking at if you’re familiar with the 4C’s – cut, colour, clarity and carat.
Think about diamond shapes. Round (brilliant) and square (princess) are the most popular cuts, but there are many other shapes available. See our diamond guide for more information.
An unusual shaped diamond (marquise, cushion cut, oval, emerald cut etc) can be a good fit for someone with unique taste. She’ll be the envy of her friends if she has something custom made that none of her friends will have.
THINK ABOUT THE SETTING
- Does your partner work with her hands and need a smooth setting with no claws?
- Is a prominent setting likely to catch on things during the course of the day?
- Does she prefer ultra modern and sleek, or elaborate and traditional?
- Would she appreciate something you designed for her, or maybe she would like to design her own ring?
DO YOU ALREADY HAVE A STARTING POINT?
- Have you inherited a piece of jewellery that means a lot to you, but just doesn’t really fit your partners style?
- Could you use its stones and metal to create something amazing and new?
- Taking cues from existing jewellery is a no-brainer. You can save yourself money by remodeling old jewellery, perhaps a family heirloom, but also it can add that sentimental value that can’t be beaten.
WHAT SIZE IS HER FINGER?
It can be a good idea to swipe a ring from her jewellery box to bring in for sizing. That way you have an idea what size her finger is for a perfect fit when you pop the question. Sizing a ring is no big deal but if you get it wrong we offer super quick complimentary sizing on all engagement rings purchased with us.